We’re back at Bristol Beer Festival.
Queueing on the Station Approach to get into Brunel’s Old Station.
Hoping for some fun beers.
- Rebellion, IPA, 3.7% from Bucks
- Rocket Science, Titan, 4.8% from Yate
- Tring, Old Wisent, 4.1% from Bucks [the Polish Marynka hops gave a washing-up-liquid flavour]
- Blue Monkey, Fat Ape, 7.0%, from Nottinghamshire [amazing!!]
- Salopian, Black Ops, 7.4% from Shropshire [where’s my knife and fork for this dense bitter stout?!]
- Saltaire, Hopfen, 5.7% from W York
- Towles Fine Ales, Philoment IPA, 6.5% from Bristol
- Woodeforde’s, Norfolk Nog, 4.6% from Norfolk
- Art Brew, Monkey’s IPA, 6.4% from Dorset [nutty]
- St Austell, Big Job, 7.2% from Cornwall [citrus hops with a restrained malt sweetness ]
So, I couldn’t cope with the last beer. Michael kindly swapped with me. He liked the dark one and thinks that the first flavours are like an amazing really dark shiraz. “Extremely tasty!” “That is crazy!” For my part, the Big Job was lively and beautifully bitter.